Tuesday 22 December 2015

Sampling - Paul Wright - Large Piece

As Paul Wright does I took inspiration from everyday artwork and popular culture. Using the artwork from the band Gorrilaz I set about creating a large airbrushed portrait of band member Russell. 
To start with I drew out the design on a large A2 sheet

Then using tracing paper I created a set of stencils for each basic colour. 
Using the stencils each colour was added and left to dry. Acrylic paints watered down were used. Due to the nature of the original image there wasn't much perspective for shading using the brush. A small amount was done around his face by applying more paint to areas building up the tone. from here I will look at doing a portrait of a real picture where a lot more shading is necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment