Tuesday 22 December 2015

Sampling - Paul Wright - Getting To Grips With Airbrushing

To start to make samples based on Paul Wrights Work I first had to learn how to use an airbrush. This collection of images show me getting to grips with it. Once I knew the basics I started experimenting with stencils and shading, Starting with simple things like rolls of tape and lengths of timber
Before moving on to more complex stencils cut from paper

Then learning to use the airbrush in different positions and varying the paint flow to add details in darker shades 

Before Attempting a basic portrait without the use of a refrence image getting use to shading using a single colour.
Throughout all these samples I learnt the most important part of airbrushing how to maintain and clean the airbrush.


No comments:

Post a Comment